Welcome

I used to keep a journal a couple years back and just came across it and thought it would be cool to start it back up.. this will be the place I keep all my journal entries, if you would like to check out my personal blog, it is http://hearme2008.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 13, 2014

I was the first to wake up here in Honduras at Casa Santiago. I picked up my Bible, devotional (which I bought to start here), and my iPod. I read in Thessalonians first for 2 chapters, but quickly realized it wasn't for me just yet. I opened to Proverbs 13 and You spoke to me when I read verse 18. It says, "If you ignore criticism, you will end in poverty and disgrace; if you accept correction, you will be honored." In my head, I was thinking that I don't struggle with correction and criticism, but God, I guess He thinks otherwise. I felt like He was telling me to stop being so spoiled and ignorant. Even though I have never been spoiled, I live like I do. Where did it come from? Why do I feel like people always owe me something? I need to change this... I need to change me. This place, where I am now, will change me. I just need to fight going back to the 'world' so I can stay changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment