Welcome

I used to keep a journal a couple years back and just came across it and thought it would be cool to start it back up.. this will be the place I keep all my journal entries, if you would like to check out my personal blog, it is http://hearme2008.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Last night was one of the most emotional days I've had here. Yesterday day, Reverend Jimmy Hughes brought to me up and used me as a prop in his sermon. Then he brought up Jacob. I represented flesh and he, soul. Jimmy had both of us in a headlock at one point and Jacob turned to me and told me, "Listen to this, it's for you." After it was over, Nicole, Josh and Hope all said the same thing to me. Hope said she was in tears 'cause of it. Jimmy even gave me a word on how God sees who I really am and that I've been beaten and broken by a lot of people. Jacob, Hope, Nicole, and Josh all said it was "spot on." Later that night, this girl (Taylor), Nicole, Josh, and Jacob all went outside so we can pray over Jacob and his shoulder and Josh for his hands. It was amazing to watch Jacob get healed! We brought it up during our group's nighty get together and we just started a healing frenzy. Backs were popping that have never popped before. Spines straightened. Just a ton of things. I opened up to the group about my thoughts of suicide and my plan for it when I get back to the states and I broke down. I was ugly. Tears and not... gross! Everyone prayed for me and I had to leave the room. I couldn't stop crying. Hope and Nicole found where I went and hugged me and cried with me. Never really had friends like that. It reminded me (just now as I write this) of the time Kaleb took me to his church when it was closed and I broke down on the floor. That was the first time I ever really felt like I had a real friend. After I stopped crying with Hope and Nicole, I stayed up 'til 1:30am talking to the leader of this group, Johnny. I opened up in the rawest way I ever have with someone. (Meaning my guard was 100% dropped). As I'm writing this, Wayne (another leader here) gave me a note. I will keep it in the back of this book. My life is changing so much here!

Wayne's Note
Logan,
   You're unique bro. But it's good. There is a level of authenticity in you that I wasn't sure of at first. Honestly, I judged you. For that I'm sorry. It's that I don't get excited about much and you seem to be excited about a lot. But it's not a weakness, if anything it's a strength. Never let anyone silence your authentic joy. Authenticity of the heart pleases the Father so much. Never feel like you have to put on a show for people. Who you are in Christ is more than enough. Be joyful, be loud, be you with an authentic heart and watch what God does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment